Monday, January 28, 2008

Arcade Fire: Another Spooky Web Video


First off, thanks to Creativity mag for bringing this one to my attention. Arcade Fire is pushing
Black Mirror
as the next big tune off of Neon Bible, and I likes how they're going about it.

They've created a dark and odd video that let's you play the dark and odd DJ, hovering behind the turntables. You can't sample Bootsy Collins bass lines over this track, but the site does give you the power to remix it. Take away or add certain instruments and vocals, all by pressing numbers 1-6 on your keyboard. And are those synchronize swimming ninjas I see towards the end of the song? Fantastic (and oh, how gracefully they dance when only keys 4 and 6 are active).

You've probably already seen the puppetry fun behind the
Neon Bible
video site, which they released a few months ago. If you haven't, I won't spoil anything. But have a look. It's such a lovely song to begin with, made all the lovelier by magically writing the lyrics in smoke.

Bonus points for the URL jumbles...neon bible = beonlineb, black mirror = rorrimkcalb (I would have gone with "clamor brrik" myself). Keep up the fantastic work, Arcade Fire!

No comments: